A community of like-minded individuals, families, & businesses are coming together to bring healthier, affordable grocery shopping experience to downtown Wake Forest!
Join Them today as a Founding Member!
Compare the Costs
When you consider other ways you might choose to invest in your community's commerce, a co-op membership brings you far more long-term benefits.
- Two 90 minute feature length movies at the IMAX for a family of five, with popcorn: $160
- 1.5 hour Steak dinner for two with appetizer or soup, and a bottle of Napa Valley red wine at the Angus Barn: $135
- Two terrace level “nosebleed seats” at a 2.5 hour Carolina Hurricanes hockey game, without snacks or souvenirs: $128
- A lifetime family membership in a community cooperative grocery store that exists specifically to fulfill your nutritional and budgetary needs: $125
What is a grocery cooperative?
Grocery Co-op Principles
- Voluntary, Open Membership
Open to all without gender, social, racial, political, or religious discrimination.
- Democratic Member Control
One member, one vote.
- Member Economic Participation
Members contribute equitably to, and democratically control, the capital of the cooperative. The economic benefits of a cooperative operation are returned to the members, reinvested in the co-op, or used to provide member services.
- Autonomy And Independence
Cooperatives are autonomous, self-help organizations controlled by their members.
- Education, Training And Information
Cooperatives provide education and training for members so they can contribute effectively to the development of their cooperatives. They inform the general public about the nature and benefits of cooperation.
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives
Cooperatives serve their members most effectively and strengthen the cooperative movement by working together through local, regional, national and international structures.
- Concern For The Community
While focusing on member needs, cooperatives work for the development of their communities through policies accepted by their members.